What is productivity?
Productivity is doing the right things (effectiveness) and doing the right things right (efficiency) while minimizing wastages in form of input (resources) and time to give highest level of quality and satisfaction to customers and members of staff.
Generaly, productivity measures and gives information on how much return on investment you get from a unit of input used over a given time period.
1. Does productivity mean working harder?
No, unless people are sleeping on the job
2. Does implementing productivity improvement program (PIP) mean cutting cost?
No, but yes if it can be carried out without having adverse effects on quality
3. On implementing PIP will it lead to cutting on the number of employees?
No, unless the market has shrunk
4. Does PIP require employing consultants?
No, all current employees are involved
5. Is productivity the same as production?
No, you can produce at a loss